I made & wrote up this recipe post a few years ago & never posted it. I wanted the recipe today since we went apple picking this morning. Figured I would just go ahead & post it. Enjoy making some!
I’m sure I have pictures somewhere… if I find them or we make them & they turn out well today I will post some. I combined a few different recipes into making this. Among them I recall these….
- Martha Stewart mini pie inspiration
- Martha Stewart pie crust – or this one… but you can always just buy premade too
- A Pioneer Woman – Scrumptious Apple Pie for the filling & crumb topping
Apple Somethings (Hand Pies)
- 2 Pie Crusts divided into 8 balls Storebought or equivalent recipe homemade
- 6 cups Diced apples
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (or half of one lemon)
- 0.5 cups Sugar
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 cups Flour
- 0.5 stick Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 0.5 cups Oats Whole Rolled – not Instant
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Fork Whipped
- Make your pie crust or thaw pre-made crusts & divide into 8 crusts. Set aside to chill.
Preheat Oven to 400
- Mix peeled, diced apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla & cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine cold butter & flour (I used a food processor) and add brown sugar, oats & salt
- Roll out 1 eighth of the pie crust into a loose circle. Mound apple mixture in the center & cover with crumb topping. Pull up the side & pinch together. This is a rustic pie so it doesn't need to be perfect! Continue with remaining 7 pies.Brush top of the crusts lightly with egg wash.