I have a backlog of cards to share on the blog & to publish on the website for sale…. but I’m still working to balance being a SAHM and pursuing this dream. That said – I have been feeling the pull to get back to my blog lately & a challenge from one of my favorite blogs was enough to get me going! I made the card several days ago – that’s always the easy part… getting it on the blog seems to take me longer.
Kristina Werner posted a Challenge this week to create a card with one single layer of paper! FUN, simple & a great idea for some elegant quick cards. I had so much fun I made all of my Mother’s Day cards with a single layer this year (all had to be different of course too)…. and you’d think 1, maybe 2 cards right – nope…. 2 moms, 1 grandmother & cards from my husband & I plus a second for each from our son…. so 6 cards with the rejects going into the “Dad & Andy can give me these” pile.
This was my first & my favorite. You definitely need to click the picture to get the full effect – some of the details just don’t translate well into the blog-size picture on this one!
I kept this card simple the whole way… I used a background stamp & ink to match the paper and added the butterflies & sentiment. I stamped Happy Mother’s Day on the interior.
- Papers: Stampin’ Up! Melon Mambo
- Inks: Stampin’ Up! Melon Mambo; StazOn Jet Black
- Eyelets: 1/8″ Black eyelets
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Well-Worn Words, Short & Sweet; Autumn Leaves Spring Swirl by rhonna farrer; Hero Arts Mother’s Day
Again – a very simple card but with a little more effort involved. I inked up the Well-Worn Words background stamp & “kissed” the Big Blossom stamp on it to achieve the worn word flower blossom. I then pulled out my Color Spritzer from Stampin’ Up! and using the Crushed Curry marker I added some splatter to the background. I wanted to further distress the white a little so I covered the entire front in a very light mist of Glimmer Mist.
- Papers: Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Inks: Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry & Soft Suede
- Spritzing: Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry with Color Spritzer Tool; Tatterred Angels Glimmer Mist Wheatfields
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Well-Worn Words, Big Blossom, Hero Arts Mother’s Day
- Misc: Stampin’ Up! Buttons Corduroy Chocolate Chip
Here are some more pictures including close-ups on a few details.
I hope you enjoy!